Federal Laws & Regulations
- The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001)
- NCLD’s Idea 2004 Parent Guide, a guide by the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) and The Massachusetts Department of Education to help parents understand the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The NCLD has other useful parent guides as well.
- Rewards and Roadblocks: How Special Education Students are Faring under No Child Left Behind –June 2007 report of the National Center for Learning Disabilities.
- IDEA ’97 Law & Regs
- The Individuals With Disabilities Education Act : IDEA, The Law, Your Child and You
- NICHCY: Questions And Answers About The IDEA
- No Child Left Behind Act
- OCR: 504 FAQ: Educating Students with Disabilities – Protecting Students with Disabilities -Frequently Asked Questions
about Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities,including Interrelationship of IDEA and Section 504
- Overview of ADA, IDEA, and Section 504
- Rights and Responsibilities of Parents of Children with Disabilities
- Section 504 Resources – from the Council of Educators for Students with Disabilities, Inc. Includes an overview of Section 504, definition of “Substantial Limitation”, information on creating a 504 plan, regulations, and eligibility and services under 504, parents rights, and information of The Intersection of 504, Special Education & Dyslexia.
- Wrightslaw.com – comprehensive site with “accurate, up-to-date information about advocacy for children with disabilities. You will find hundreds of articles, cases, newsletters, and resources about special education law and advocacy in the Advocacy Libraries and Law Libraries.” You can also subscribe to The Special Ed Advocate, their free online newsletter or read back issues of The Special Ed Advocate in the Newsletter Archives.
State Laws and Regulations
- Education Laws and Regulations – 603 CMR 28.00: Special Education – from the Massachusetts Department of Education
- Education Laws and Regulations – 603 CMR 18.00: Program and Safety Standards for Approved Public or Private Day and Residential Special Education School Programs – from the Massachusetts Department of Education
- Massachusetts General Law – Chapter 71B – Children with Special Needs
- Current State Regulations Regarding Insurance Coverage of Speech/Language Therapy