Here are some local parent support groups that deal with issues related to parenting a child with special needs.
- Apraxia –Boston Area Parent Group – Boston area support group meetings are held in Burlington, MA and are for adults only. No childcare available at this time. Contact: Beth for more information or join the Yahoo discussion group. Meeting Location: Saugus Public Library, Saugus, MA. Meeting times/frequency: every other month during school yr, 4-5x/yr
(verified Yahoo group is active Oct 2011)
- NortheastArc Autism Support Center – offering discussion and support meetings; for current listing of meetings please see their website
(verified Oct 2011)
- Groton-Dunstable Autism Support Group – Parent Resource Center, Prescott Elementary School Building, 3rd Friday of each month 10 AM-12 PM. Contact Sarah Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit gdspedpac.org to confirm the location of the meetings. (verified Oct 2011)
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance –Worcester A support group for people with have or think they might have a mood disorder (depression, bipolar disorder, or schizoaffective disorder), or those who have a family member who does, or anyone interested in learning more about mood disorders. (verified Oct 2011)
- Family TIES – This is a statewide organization providing information and support for families of children with special needs. The coordinator will listen to your concerns and based on that will match you up with another parent who is trained to listen and offer information and support.
(verified Oct 2011)
- McLean Hospital – The Child and Adolescent Program offers support groups for teens. (verified Oct 2011)
- Kids With Tubes – information for parents of tube-fed children. No longer providing support groups. Contact for more information: email@example.com. (verified Oct 2011)
- Metrowest CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) – Parent support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month during the school year, Goodnow Library Meeting Room, 21 Concord Road, Sudbury, MA. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 508-302-2425. Everyone is welcome! (verified Oct 2011)
- Parent Professional Advocacy League – listing of PAL parent support groups for towns in MA. (verified Oct 2011)